Saturday, July 17, 2010

Parkway Drive, "Deep Blue"



Parkway Drive is a five-piece Australian metalcore band from Byron Bay, New South Wales. They are currently signed with Epitaph Records. The band's new album, "Deep Blue" hit stores on June 29, 2010. This album has been in production for the past three years, and fans have been waiting for this album to come out for a very long time.

Deep Blue is a very unique album, one that I typically do not hear very often. It is by far the 'heaviest' album that I have ever heard. To be perfectly honest, I was never a fan of Parkway Drive, but Deep Blue changed that for me! I now have absolute respect for this band. For those with soft ears, this album is NOT for you. Deep Blue contains nothing but screaming lyrics, unlike bands such as, The Devil Wears Prada, and Attack Attack! that have both singing and screaming. Check out their MySpace!

MySpace

Track Listing:
1. "Samsara"
2. "Unrest"
3. "Sleepwalker"
4. "Wreckage"
5. "Deadweight"
6. "Alone"
7. "Pressures"
8. "Deliver Me"
9. "Karma"
10. "Home Is For The Heartless" (featuring Brett Gurewitz of Bad Religion)
11. "Hollow" (featuring Marshall Lichtenwaldt of The Warriors)
12. "Leviathan I"
13. "Set to Destroy"


Rating: I give this album a 10/10


This is now one of my favorite albums of all time. The only thing that I didn't like about this album, is when it ended. This is a brilliant piece of art, and will be the "gold standard" among groups similar to Parkway Drive. They did a phenomenal job putting this album together!

No comments:

Post a Comment